7 days trip from Zuricha
The city of Zürich’s position in north-central Switzerland, along with the country’s superb train network. Makes it an ideal starting point for your 7 days trip from Zuricha. The stunning Alpine landscape of Switzerland, train rides to mountaintops and postcard towns. Travel to the small principality of Liechtenstein and a wealth of historical attractions, lake cruises and waterfalls can all be experienced in a single day from Zürich.
As part of your 7 days trip from Zuricha, you may also discover the various things to do in beautiful Lucerne. Including a paddlewheel riverboat excursion on the lake, or wander the streets of Switzerland’s capital, Bern, among other places. Moreover, traveling by rail is convenient in Switzerland. And you can also sign up for 7-day excursions that take you to the most popular tourist destinations in and around Zürich.
Do check our selection of the top 7 days trip from Zuricha will help you plan your next excursion.
Day 1: Lucerne – 7 days trip from Zuricha
Lucerne is an excellent starting place for a variety of excursions to the most beautiful parts of central Switzerland. One must-do activity is to climb one of Lucerne’s regional mountains, such as the Pilatus or the Rigi – known as the “queen of mountains”. The Stanserhorn, the Bürgenstock, and a steamboat ride around Lake Lucerne with its various curves and arms. On the other hand, are absolutely not to be missed. From Lucerne, the Gotthard Panorama Express tourists will find to the foot of the Gotthard pass through Lake Lucerne, and then on to Ticino. Which is located south of the Alpine range, via the Gotthard train line. In the direction of Lucerne, the «cherry road» takes you through a panorama of cheerful trees and kirsch.
- The Hotel Schweizerhof Luzern is one of the greatest locations to stay in Lucerne for comfort and elegance. This 5-star hotel has gorgeous rooms and a kind staff who will end up making your stay a pleasure.
- The Boutique Hotel Weisses Kreuz is a terrific option for a perfect balance of cost and comfort. This adults only 3-star hotel is about 2 minutes from the renowned Chapel Bridge.
- We also suggest checking out Airbnb, particularly because using our link will save you up to $40 off your next Airbnb accommodation.
Day 2: Bern – 7 days trip from Zuricha
Zentrum Paul Klee, located just on the outskirts of town, has the world’s most extensive art by Paul Klee, which is open to the public. The Albert Einstein House, which commemorates the physicist’s time in Bern during the beginning of the twentieth century, is a must-see that should be accompanied with a visit to an Einstein Museum for the best experience. Bern, with its Art Museum, History Museum, Switzerland Alpine Museum, and Communication Museum, has a diverse choice of exhibits to offer visitors of all ages.
The Swiss capital of Bern serves as the country’s administrative center. The Houses of Parliament tower above the city, only a short walk from the train station, providing a spectacular view. Most of the time, the doors of the Parliament building are open to visitors. And if you’re fortunate, you could even run into a member of parliament while walking about the city.
- A palace turned into a five-star hotel, the Bellevue Palace has everything you’d expect: spacious rooms with marble baths. Elegant but elaborately decorated public spaces, breathtaking views, and all the modern conveniences you could want. But without the stuffiness you might expect, it’s a very friendly place.
- The Hotel Schweizerhof is a luxury retreat that seamlessly mixes the ancient and the contemporary in a beautiful setting. You simply can’t go wrong with a stay at this hotel. Which has an excellent location, a fantastic spa, and an exceptional restaurant.
Interlaken is a prominent tourist destination in Switzerland, nestled between the picturesque lakes Thun and Brienz. The town is the starting point for trips to Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn, and other nearby mountains and communities.
Interlaken is 30 minutes from Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, Murren, and Wengen. Moreover, this allows tourists to interchange a wide range of options for sightseeing and activities.
The Jungfrau ski region is well-known among winter sports enthusiasts. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t visit the Jungfrau in Switzerland during other seasons, including summer.
Moreoever, the Jungfrau and Interlaken region is criss-crossed with hiking paths that make it desirable in warmer weather. Guests may enjoy lake cruises on Thun or Brienz or participate in water sports.
In addition to Wengen and Murren, the region has Grindelwald. A major town with its own glacier and lots of other sights and activities.
- With a short walk to the railway station, the Hotel Oberland is well situated to explore the Jungfrau Region. The motel is operated by a lovely family and has great views of the surrounding area. In the Jungfrau Region, this is a popular choice for lodging.
- Travelers on a budget will appreciate Valley Hostel, which is a popular choice. An fantastic location, only a short walk from the railway station, makes it an ideal choice. There are single, double, triple, quad, and even quadruple rooms available, ranging in size from 1 to 4 persons. There is a common bathroom and kitchen in each of the residences.
Lausanne’s environment is so lovely, it’s little wonder the International Olympic Committee has had an office here since 1914 as its home base. Located at the foot of Lake Geneva, the town sits on three hills and is encircled by vineyard-covered hillsides. The Savoy Alps can be seen looming over the French lakeside from the other side of the border. The charming ancient town has a low concentration of automobiles. In the historic city centre, narrow lanes with cafés and stores form the streetscape.
The cathedral, Switzerland’s most outstanding example of early Gothic construction, dominates the old town. For more than a thousand years, Lausanne was a diocese town. Located near the cathedral and in the beautiful seaside district of Ouchy. ‘ Travel in this incline-based city is made easier by a single “metro” that crisscrosses the city.
- Members of the Leading Hotels of the World and the Swiss Deluxe Hotels organisations recognise Lausanne Palace & Spa as a premier luxury hotel in Switzerland.
- Moreover, Bernard Ravet’s secluded abode was ounded in the 18th century. L’Ermitage is a lovely wine-estate grower’s with a lush, verdant, and tranquil location.
- We highly suggest the Hostellerie des Chevreuils, which is about 15 minutes from Lausanne if you have a vehicle. Hotel and restaurant are located in a lush garden with a view of the mountains.
Day 5: Geneva – 7 days trip from Zuricha
Geneva, located in a valley on the western side of Switzerland, is a tranquil environment for a leisurely holiday or business trip. In addition to outdoor cafés and small businesses, the most sophisticated portions of the city are home to designer labels and beautiful restaurants. Moreover, Patrons are cradled in plush seats as world-class orchestras take the stage inside the Victoria Hall. Even the good dining here is regarded as a work of art. However, despite its luxurious surroundings, Geneva can also make you sweat sailing on the lake, strolling or running through the parks. And skiing down the adjacent slopes of Mont Blanc all are popular pastimes in Geneva.
- The Hotel N’vY provides magnificent views of Lake Geneva as well as a convenient position on the outskirts of the city centre, making it a great base for sightseeing, shopping, and touring the area.
- Moreover, the Hotel Le Prince is located in the heart of Old Town, close to the University of Geneva, and offers spacious rooms with complimentary Wi-Fi. This family-run establishment serves a hearty meal to its customers every morning.
- Because it is so close to the farmers market in the Plainpalais neighbourhood, an open park environment, and a popular gathering point beside the Arve River, Hotel Carmen offers a pleasant atmosphere at an affordable price.
- The ideal traveler’s retreat, Hotel Bristol is located in the heart of the city, next to the famed Mont Blanc Square.
Day 6: Zermatt – 7 days trip from Zuricha
Zermatt is a wonderful location, but it is the slopes of the Matterhorn that distinguish it from the rest. The breathtaking grandeur of the scenery and wildlife may be seen on the slopes of the Matterhorn throughout the year. Moreover, you can go skiing or snowboarding in the winter and hiking in the summer, depending on the season. The Matterhorn is breathtaking in so many ways, and taking in the views from the VIP Gondola is an unforgettable experience. Moreover Zermatt is one of the best destinations in the world to savour the taste of superb food since it combines local gastronomy with cuisine from across the globe.
- The stately Hotel Mont Cervin Palace might act as a municipal centre. The hotel has classic Swiss architecture with balconies and dormers overlooking the city, the Matterhorn, the cathedral, and the museum.
- Bellerive is a haven of joys, owned by a youthful family committed to welcome guests of all demographics.
- Moreover, hotel Alpenhof is near the Sunnegga cable car and the Gornergrat railway station, on the Matter Vispa River.
- Finally, the Sunnegga funicular or the Gornergrat railway are both 5 minutes walk from Hotel Carina. All double, apartment, and single rooms have ensuite bathrooms and some have balconies overlooking the Matterhorn.
Day 7: Lugano – 7 days trip from Zuricha
Indeed, Lugano is a picturesque town on the northern shore of Lake Lugano. Visit the sights, drink up the ambience, and enjoy “dolce far niente” in this traffic-free old town centre with several buildings in Italianate Lombardy style. Moreover, Lugano’s warm temperature makes it a favourite springtime vacation for camellia lovers.
Finally, parks featuring sub-tropical vegetation, such as the Parco Civico on the lakeshore, enable you to relax and take in the ambiance. Aside from camellias and magnolias, the Belvedere Gardens include sub-tropical vegetation and contemporary art.
- Finally, the Hotel Kurhaus Cademario is ideal for a wellness and mountain break. From its 850 metres above sea level, it offers unparalleled views of Lake Lugano, Monte Lema, and the Ticino area.
- If you can afford it, a stay at the Hotel The View in Lugano is a must! From the minute you arrive, you will be pampered like a royal on a huge yacht with the most luxurious amenities.
- Moreover on TripAdvisor, the Hotel Lugano Dante has almost 2000 favourable ratings! This building is near the Lugano Lake in the mediaeval pedestrian core.
- Finally, Villa Principe Leopoldo, a Relais & Chateaux property, combines Italian charm with Swiss elegance.